Gogebic Community College

Returning students


Returning students - students returning to GCC after being out one semester. 

1. Apply for admission or request a paper application to be sent to you. Request your high school transcript from your high school or submit your GED scores to the Admissions Office. College transcripts must be sent in only if requesting transfer credit or on academic warning from a previous college. 

2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Over 70% of our students receive some type of financial aid.  

3. Complete the scholarship application after December 15 for the upcoming Fall/Spring semesters. 

4. Reach out to your student services advisor to determine if the college assessment test is necessary or submit ACT or SAT scores (if taken within the last three years). To schedule the placement test in Ironwood, call (906) 307-1209 or (906) 483-0070 in Houghton. 

5. Contact your student services advisor to register for classes, after April 1 for the Fall semester, after November 1 for the Spring semester and summer session. 


Scenic Background