Student activities provide a wide variety of opportunities for students to get involved outside the classroom. Meet other students, have some fun, network, get involved in the community and enhance your overall college experience. Student organizations and clubs, recreational clubs, tutor clubs, intramural and recreational activities, and many other events you can participate in. After all, learning should be part studying, part socializing, and part exploring.
We want you to enjoy your time at Gogebic Community College.
As a student at Gogebic Community College, you are awarded many freebies. One of the most popular is a free lift ticket for Mt. Zion Ski Hill, if enrolled in six or more credits, which is located right on the back slope of the main campus in Ironwood.
Here are the free things afforded to you as a student:
- Mt. Zion Lift Ticket
- Access to all student activities (including Knockerball)
- WiFi throughout campus and housing
- Free gear rental from the Samsons Outfitter
- Discounts from local retailers.
Clubs & Organizations
- Student Senate
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honors Society
- Disc Golf
- Intramural & Recreational Athletics
- Weightlifting and Aerobics
- Volleyball and Basketball
- Skiing, Snowboarding, and Snow tubing on Mt. Zion
- Native American Student Association
- Walking and Running Track
- Christian Groups
- Multicultural Student Organization