Michigan Reconnect offers a tuition-Free opportunity!
Have you been thinking about changing direction in your life? There has never been a better time to start or return to college, and GCC is here to assist in your success.
Michigan Reconnect is a state financial aid program that provides eligible students with tuition-free access to pursue an associate degree or occupational certificate at their local community college.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Michigan resident, with continuous residency for at least the preceding 12 months.
- Be 25 years or older at the time of application.
- Have not previously earned an associate or bachelor's degree.
- Meet federal financial aid eligibility requirements, including:
- Be either a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen, based on federal financial aid requirements.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
Michigan Reconnect Expands for a limited time!
For a limited time only, those 21 to 24 are now eligible for Michigan Reconnect! Earn your degree or certificate tuition-free at Gogebic Community College. Time to apply is limited, but your future doesn’t have to be. Say hello to making more money, landing a better job and pursuing your passion.
To be eligible you must:
• Be at least 21 years of age and not more than 24 years of age.
• Apply and enroll in a community or tribal college no later than fall semester 2024.
• Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
• Have lived in Michigan for at least a year.
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent or certificate of completion.
• Have not yet completed a college degree.
Don’t wait — apply to Michigan Reconnect by Friday, Nov. 15, 2024!
This program is for a limited time only — don’t miss the deadlines to apply, enroll and work toward your degree while it remains tuition-free for in district students! Reach out to our Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 307-1254 for additional information on applying your Reconnect Scholarship to your tuition bill.
Out-of-district tuition costs:
Reconnect only pays the in-district tuition for any of Michigan’s public community colleges. You will be responsible for covering the difference between the in-district and out-of-district tuition rates of the community college you plan to attend if you live out of the district and if you do not have other scholarships or awards to cover the difference.
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?
1. Michigan Reconnect ApplicationYour first step is to apply for the Michigan Reconnect scholarship. After applying, you will be notified regarding your eligibility.Apply Now for MI Reconnect
2. GCC Admission Application
While you wait to hear back about your Reconnect application, submit your GCC application for admission. Even if you are a returning student, we like to have updated information on file and the best way to submit your information is through our quick, simple, and free application.Apply to GCC
3. Complete the FAFSAFAFSA completion is a required step for the Michigan Reconnect scholarship. If you need assistance with this step, do not hesitate to connect with a helpful member of GCC's financial aid department at 906-307-1254. Complete the FAFSA
4. Get Started at GCCThere are a number of steps you need to complete before beginning classes at GCC, including transcript submission, testing, and registering for classes. Get Started