Your Graduation Checklist
Important Cap and Gown Information
Gogebic Community College pays the cost of your regalia (your cap and gown.) If you choose to have it shipped to your home you must pay shipping.
|SHIP TO HOME ADDRESS
|SHIP TO IRONWOOD CAMPUS OR COPPER COUNTRY CENTER
|DEADLINE April 14, 2024
|DEADLINE March 25, 2024
|Shipping to a home address will require you to pay the shipping costs of $14.90. Rush Orders available April 15-April 25, 2024 Rush orders, shipping to a home address, will pay rush shipping costs of $21.30.
Regalia pick up at Ironwood or CCC will begin on Monday, April 29th, 2024.
QUESTIONS about Cap and Gown?
To earn a degree or certificate from Gogebic, students must complete the following:
- Complete an Application for Graduation: A degree or certificate will not be awarded unless a student has submitted an Application for Graduation and a degree audit has been performed by the Registrar. Students should apply once registered for their final semester of courses. Degrees are awarded at the end of the fall and spring semester.
- Complete Degree and Program Requirement: Each degree type and program of study has a degree plan that outlines courses required to complete that degree or certificate. In some cases, course waivers or substitutions may be granted by the division chair or other administrator.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0: A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 is required to earn a degree or certificate.
Graduation with Honors
Special recognition at graduation will be given to students under the following conditions:
- Students completing graduation requirements at Gogebic Community College with a 3.75 cumulative GPA or better will graduate with High Honors.
- Students completing graduation requirements at Gogebic Community College with a 3.5 to 3.74 cumulative GPA will graduate with Honors.
Honor point averages for those students transferring to Gogebic Community College from other colleges or universities are determined by only those grades earned at Gogebic Community College.
While recognition at the commencement ceremony will be based upon cumulative grades prior to the final grading period, all grades earned at GCC will be included in the final determination of honors status to be recorded in the student’s permanent record.
Additional Graduation Information
- A student must take at least 16 credits from Gogebic Community College to earn a degree and one half of the credits from Gogebic Community College for certificate programs.
- To earn a second associate degree from Gogebic Community College, 15 non-duplicative credits are required.