Gogebic Community College is excited to have you as a student with us this Fall. The world has definitely changed, but your future plans don’t have to. The administration, faculty and staff are here to help you stay on track with flexible scheduling, tutoring and student services. The safety of our GCC community continues to be our number one priority. We are doing everything we can to safeguard our environment by following both the CDC and State of Michigan guidelines while providing a quality education.
Please continue to check your GCC email for any updates.
IRONWOOD and HOUGHTON STATUS
Current Status Yellow Level
Yellow level status indicates that positive covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are clearly declining in Gogebic and Houghton County.
- Both the main campus in Ironwood and the Copper Country Center in Houghton are open for business
- Continued social distancing, face coverings and safe work practices are in place
|Student Information||GCC Reopening Plan|
|Daily Student Protocol|
|Covid-19 FAQs||Meetings and Events|
As a precaution, please follow these recommended guidelines from the CDC. Most importantly, if you are feeling ill, please seek medical care right away.
Informative documents courtesy of the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department:
Healthcare Contact Information
Aspirus COVID-19 Call Center: 1-844-568-0701
To prevent the spread of the virus and provide the most appropriate care to the communities we serve, Aspirus has established a call center for people concerned they might be infected with COVID-19. The dedicated line will be operational and staffed by live operators during the following hours:
- 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday – Sunday
Additional Contact Information:
- Western U.P. Health Department (906-487-5545) - Mon - Fri from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Aspirus Grand View in Ironwood (906-932-2525)
- UP Health System Portage (906-483-1000)
- Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital (906-337-6500)
- Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-Houghton Clinic (906-483-1860, located in the SDC).