Gogebic Community College is excited to have you as a student with us this Fall. The world has definitely changed, but your future plans don’t have to. The administration, faculty and staff are here to help you stay on track with flexible scheduling, tutoring and student services. The safety of our GCC community continues to be our number one priority. We are doing everything we can to safeguard our environment by following both the CDC and State of Michigan guidelines while providing a quality education.
Please continue to check your GCC email for any updates.
GCC Copper Country Center moves to Distance Delivery for Two Weeks
“All GCC classes held at the Copper Country Center in Houghton will move to distance delivery on Monday, September 28 through October 9, 2020 with the exception of several lab courses,” said Dr. George McNulty, GCC President. Classes will resume in person on Monday, October 12, 2020. Students should check their GCC email for communication from faculty. College offices will remain open for business in Houghton Monday – Friday from 8am – 4:30 pm EST.
For any questions, please call or email the Copper Country Center at: (906) 483-0070 or email@example.com. The Gogebic Community College campus in Ironwood remains open for classes and services.
IRONWOOD AND HOUGHTON CENTER STATUS
Current Status Orange Level
- Staffing will be based on local COVID spread and local health department information
- Physical campus is open. Campus office hours of operation will be 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Lindquist Center, library, snack bar, and computer labs are restricted to student use only.
- All CDC PPE requirements are in effect
- Bookstore operations will limit number of students in store and students are encouraged to purchase textbooks online with flat shipping rate of $5
|Student Information||GCC Reopening Plan|
|Daily Student Protocol|
|Covid-19 FAQs||Meetings and Events|
As a precaution, please follow these recommended guidelines from the CDC. Most importantly, if you are feeling ill, please seek medical care right away.
Informative documents courtesy of the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department:
Healthcare Contact Information
Aspirus COVID-19 Call Center: 1-844-568-0701
To prevent the spread of the virus and provide the most appropriate care to the communities we serve, Aspirus has established a call center for people concerned they might be infected with COVID-19. The dedicated line will be operational and staffed by live operators during the following hours:
- 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday – Sunday
Additional Contact Information:
- Western U.P. Health Department (906-487-5545) - Mon - Fri from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Aspirus Grand View in Ironwood (906-932-2525)
- UP Health System Portage (906-483-1000)
- Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital (906-337-6500)
- Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-Houghton Clinic (906-483-1860, located in the SDC).