Upcoming Ironwood Campus visits
Meet representatives from the following colleges and universities outside the Canteen.
University of Michigan Tuesday, April 11, 2023 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Northern Michigan University Wednesday, April 26, 2023 10:00 am-1:00 pm
For the fastest response, email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing to transfer FAQ's
The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) allows students to complete general education courses at participating colleges and universities in Michigan. Students may complete the MTA as part of an associate degree or as a stand-alone package at Michigan institutions.
To fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement, students must successfully complete at least 30 credits, with at least a 2.0 in each course and at least one credit completed at the institution awarding the MTA. These credits should be met according to the following distribution:
- English Composition 101 ENG 101
- A second course in English Composition ENG 102 or 1 approved course in Communications
- One course in College Level Mathematics MTH 108 or higher
- Two courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines) Includes select ECO, GEG, HST, PLS, PSY, SOC coursework
- Two courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines, excluding studio and performance classes) Includes select ART, DRA, ENG, HST, HUM, MUS, PHI coursework.
- Two courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience (from two disciplines)
To learn more about the Michigan Transfer Agreement click here.