REALLY? I can live on campus?
Yes, you can! Experience all the opportunities and perks campus life has to offer including our very own student-run ski and tubing hill. Check out Mt. Zion!
Located within blocks of the hiking, biking, and Nordic ski trails, GCC Campus Suites owns the bragging rights to a unique experience which allows you to immerse yourself in nature within minutes of campus. If you prefer to stay on campus, the Lindquist Student Center will draw you in with basketball courts, weight room, and exercise equipment.
What are you waiting for? Fill out your application today!Student Living Application and Contract
Watch the video to follow Ray on his tour of the Campus Suites:
WHY SHOULD YOU LIVE ON CAMPUS?
Besides a quick walk to classes in the blustery Ironwood winters, there are a multitude of reasons to choose campus living:
Helps you adjust quickly to the college life
It's easier to be involved in campus activities, programs, and groups
Meet new people and develop close friendships
It’s just… FUN!
- 4 person semi-private suites, with furnished bedroom and dining space. Includes extra-long twin bed, desk/chair, clothes bureau, closet space, and window coverings.
- Full kitchen per suite. Includes a full size four burner stove top/oven, 16 cubic foot refrigerator, kitchen sink, and cabinet space.
- Full bath space per suite.
- Shared vanity space per room. Includes a large mirror, sink, and cabinet space.
- Individually controlled heating/cooling unit per room.
- Handicapped accessible, double key-entry, and electronic surveillance for security.
- Basic cable access per suite and in the common areas.
- Laundry room on-site.
- Individually assigned mailboxes on-site.
- Free parking.
- Elevator access to the second floor.
- Live-in Manager of Campus Suites and resident assistants.
- Activities, events, and opportunities for involvement and leadership.
- Two group lounge areas with flat-screen televisions and snack machines.
- Access to the Lindquist Student Center, which houses the gymnasium, weight rooms, walking track, exercise room, student lounge, and snack-bar.
- Access to outdoor fire ring and seating.
- Access to GCC computer labs, academic support lab, Mt. Zion, and the GCC library.
COSTS AND FEES
Each resident signs a contract for the entire academic year and will need to be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours to be eligible. When applying and submitting a contract, each resident will pay a one-time application fee and security deposit. Once the resident moves into the Campus Suites, the security deposit converts to a damage deposit. Room is paid once per semester and covers all utilities except phone.
- Application Fee: $25.00 (one-time)
- Security Deposit: $200.00 (one time)
- Double Room: $1,900 per semester
- Single Room: $2,400 per semester
Financial aid can assist students with their housing costs should they choose to stay in the Campus Suites. If you have any questions about financial aid, please connect with our Financial Aid Office at (906) 307-1206 or visit http://www.gogebic.edu/financial_aid/index.html.
Student Housing Checklist:
(This checklist is for those students interested in housing for the 2022-2023 academic year. If you are looking for more information for a different academic year, please connect with the Office of Student Housing, (906) 307-1267.
- Complete and submit the Campus Suites Application and Contract.
- The application, provided with this checklist, needs to be filled out completely as the answers help the office to place residents and to communicate those placements.
- Return the application, either by mail or in person, to the Office of Student Housing along with the $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- The contract will either be mailed to the address listed on your application once it is submitted or will be included in your application packet. Return the signed contract to the Office of Student Housing. Please be sure to thoroughly review the content of the contract before signing.
- Submit the $200.00 security deposit payment. The contract is not complete and a space will not be reserved until this payment is received. Once a student moves in to student housing, the security deposit converts to a refundable damage deposit.
- Please note that once you sign and submit the Campus Suites Contract, you will be billed for housing for the entire academic year unless you cancel your contract prior to moving in to the Campus Suites or until you receive approval on a Contract Release Request.
- Wait for notification regarding your housing assignment.
- Once your application materials are received in full, a housing assignment will be made. Confirmation of your assignment will be mailed to the address listed on your application. As we have a limited number of spaces in student housing, reservations will not be made until a student has submitted a completed application, a $25.00 application fee payment, a signed contract, and a $200.00 security deposit payment. It is recommended that the application, contract, and correlating payments are submitted to the Office of Student Housing no later than July 1, 2022. Applications will still be accepted after that point but reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Contact information for your assigned roommates and suitemates will be included in your housing assignment when possible. If you want your contact information to be shared with your roommate or suitemates, please be sure to indicate such on the designated space in the Campus Suites Application.
- As applications are received throughout the summer, the Office of Student Housing may need to make changes to your housing assignment after it has been made. You will be notified of these changes should they arise.
Don't forget to…
- Apply for admission to Gogebic Community College, attend Orientation, and register for classes. To be eligible for student housing at GCC, you must be an admitted student and registered for 12 or more credits at the school. If you have any questions about your admissions status, please connect with our Admissions Office at (906) 307-1207.
- Complete your Financial Aid paperwork for 2022-2023. Please review the checklist (Financial Aid Checklist) for more information and ensure you are applying for the 2022-2023 academic year. If you have any questions about financial aid, please connect with our Financial Aid Office at (906) 307-1206.
The handbook is provided online as a reference to help you learn more about the Campus Suites and maximize your residence hall experience, and serves as a reference guide for policies and procedures.
If you have any questions or concerns, the staff members in the Campus Suites and Office of Student Housing are valuable resources who can provide clarification and information to address those questions/concerns.
For more information contact the Manager of Campus Suites
Phone (906) 307-1267