Administrative Assistant-Dean of Instruction
Gogebic Community College, Ironwood, MI, established in 1932 is seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant to Dean of Instruction supporting the instructional operation of the College. We are located on the northwestern edge of the beautiful upper peninsula of Michigan on the shore of Lake Superior.
The successful candidate will must be a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task. The instructional operation requires attention to detail, accuracy and clear communication. The successful candidate will often serve both internal and external customers in faculty and in community partners. This position reports to the Dean of Instruction.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Earned Associate’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years practice experience working in a dynamic office environment
- Must be committed to the Associate Degree concept.
- Familiarity of AQIP accreditation recommended, but not necessary.
- Expertise in Microsoft suite tools (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Jenzabar
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as with individuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to assume responsibility for office operations
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, balance competing demands, and set priorities
- Recordkeeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Public relations techniques.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities in the Dean of Instruction office to assure efficient and effective office operations; coordinate communications; assist the Dean with administrative matters.
- Perform a variety of duties in support of assigned function such as initiating and maintaining payroll records of instructors, assisting at special events and performing research and other special projects.
- Maintain a variety of files and records including some confidential in nature.
- Review, check, correct and compile a variety of information; verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; input and retrieve computerized data in computer systems as required, namely in Jenzabar
- Build the annual academic class schedule in Jenzabar system
- Collect, distribute and update confidential adjunct and full-time faculty employment data.
- Develop and maintain an electronic working copy of all academic course schedules from course information submitted by Divisions Chair’s. Provide a copy of the academic course schedule to Student Services.
- Develop and maintain room schedules.
- Possess knowledge and skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, access, and other software applications. Participate in training opportunities as available to increase computer skills.
- Prepare for, record, type and disseminate minutes of meetings as requested by the Dean of Instruction.
- Maintain Professional Travel and Instructional Leave Forms for faculty and Dean.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of Staff Development.
- Ability to work with computer applications in producing legal advertisements, notices, marketing information, and class schedules.
- Assume other duties or assignments by the Dean of Instruction and/or the President.
Position Status: this is a Full-Time, 12-month position with benefits. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send complete application materials, including:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
two letters of recommendation
transcripts (unofficial will suffice)
and other relevant material to:
Director of Human Resources, Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
GCC Application for Employment.